Mostly about food, this blog is just a place for me to throw things that are of interest to me. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by an look around. This represents just some of the stops on the various pathways that this amateur home cook finds himself.

You may find that these foods tend toward protein and away from carbohydrates - this is due to diabetic issues, so I try to only sparingly use carbs, and good ones at that. Of course, sometimes I forget....

Feel free to drop me a line with any suggestions or just to let me know what you think. Thanks!

If you c


Search This Blog

A Little Navigation...

Yá át ééh!

I want to thank you for the time that you spend here, and hope that you can find useful things here.

Hagoonee'


Monday, January 12, 2009

Top Round on the cooker

Sometimes you just get a taste for some BBQ. Those with smoke in the blood know what I mean. It had been too long since my Masterbuilt smoker earned it’s keep. So what did I find in the freezer? A 3-lb. top round. After defrosting you can see it looks as fresh as the day it went in – thanks, FoodSaver!


Here she is ready to go. Out of the bag, it was rinsed and dried, trimmed up, and had a coating of olive oil and fresh cracked pepper and sea salt.


This is it after 3 hours @ 275. I don’t know what is with the picture, it looks like the flash washed out my roast, which was really a nice color.


The smell is great and the taste is even better! Served with a baked sweet potato, and marinated BBQ onions.


I don't put together nearly as pretty a plate as Jeanie does, but it was all pretty tasty! If you've never tried a baked sweet potato with salt, pepper and butter, give it a shot.

No comments: