Mostly about food, this blog is just a place for me to throw things that are of interest to me. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by an look around. This represents just some of the stops on the various pathways that this amateur home cook finds himself.

You may find that these foods tend toward protein and away from carbohydrates - this is due to diabetic issues, so I try to only sparingly use carbs, and good ones at that. Of course, sometimes I forget....

Feel free to drop me a line with any suggestions or just to let me know what you think. Thanks!

If you c


Search This Blog

A Little Navigation...

Yá át ééh!

I want to thank you for the time that you spend here, and hope that you can find useful things here.

Hagoonee'


Monday, January 18, 2010

WSM Short Ribs & more

Another piece of heaven from the 'Black Capsule'. I happened to see some particularly meaty short ribs at the store the other day, and couldn't pass them by. Although there are but two of us, I figured that 7.5 lbs. was a reasonable amount!


I gave them a good rub down with olive oil, and then applied some kosher salt and fresh ground pepper...


I used 8 lbs. of charcoal, and 3 hunks of mesquite, lighting it off with a half-chimney of lump. After getting the smoker up to temp, on went the ribs. There was a little extra space, so 4 bratwurst and a couple of kielbassas hit the grid with the ribs.


Finally done! I used the hyper-accurate green Thermopen to make sure they were right where I wanted them - rare to medium rare.


It was really difficult not to just dig in, but I let them rest in a warm oven a bit.


Here's the sausages that accompanied the ribs - nice looking group!


These came out just the way we like them - tender, juicy and no where near overdone.


Hope you like seeing them as much as I liked eating them!

No comments: