Mostly about food, this blog is just a place for me to throw things that are of interest to me. I appreciate you taking the time to stop by an look around. This represents just some of the stops on the various pathways that this amateur home cook finds himself.

You may find that these foods tend toward protein and away from carbohydrates - this is due to diabetic issues, so I try to only sparingly use carbs, and good ones at that. Of course, sometimes I forget....

Feel free to drop me a line with any suggestions or just to let me know what you think. Thanks!

If you c


Search This Blog

A Little Navigation...

Yá át ééh!

I want to thank you for the time that you spend here, and hope that you can find useful things here.

Hagoonee'


Monday, January 3, 2011

Albóndigas

Sometimes a Sunday family meal, these little Mexican-style meatballs are simple, tasty and filling.

Ingredients
3 lbs ground beef
2 eggs
1 cup minced onion
1/2 cup white rice
salt & pepper
1 1/2 lbs of ripe tomatoes (6 lbs, 2 or 3 cans)
3 cloves garlic

Method
Using your hands, mix together the first five ingredients. Form this mixture into 1" meatballs.


Place them one layer deep in a large Dutch oven and brown, turning gently to keep them from falling apart, browning them for about 15 minutes.


While these are browning, combine the tomatoes and garlic in a blender or food processor, and process until smooth.


Pour the mixture into the Dutch oven over the browned meatballs, and simmer for an additional 30 minutes, until rice is done.

No comments: